A short while ago I mentioned in one of my posting that I was heading up to the roof to shovel it. Here is the story of that adventure.
Ryan called me that morning mentioning that I should look into getting someone to come and shovel the roof. With the amount of snow we had received and the threat of rain it could spell "collapse" for the roof. After pondering that chore for about 2 seconds I thought, " why the heck would I pay money for that. Dad did it all the time. It's my turn to pony up and jump in that saddle." Of course I didn't dare mention these thought to Ryan as he would have feared for my safety.
My sister Ardie agreed to come and help me... again. She has a keen sense of caution and brought her climbing ropes and harness. No problem. We could totally do this. Settling Greta with some toys and Edwin in charge of her entertainment we mounted the roof.
Then came the call. Ryan was on the phone and he had read my post on the blog that I was heading up to the roof. I was in big trouble. After explaining that all was done with the greatest of precautions he told me to be safe and hung up. Good thing he didn't see this picture. I don't know if all that rope spilt everywhere would have kept me from hitting the ground. I'm sure having it wrapped around the sewer pipe would have at least slowed me down. And besides, just between you and me, I think he kind of likes my wild, adventurous, disobedient side. Keeps the spark alive. Truly, how could he resist all this...

8 comments:
Holy crap! That's amazing. You are wonder woman. Those pics make the house look so big.
You are awesome!! Laura is telling me that she now wants up on the roof. Good thing there is no way to get up on ours :)
You are definitely your father's daughter.
I always like shoveling the roof. I feel off it a few times when I shoveled it. I must have needed the help of someone with a little more caution like Ardie. No worries though, the snow was so deep the falls were generally more fun than painful.
Ah, Sharon! Only sisters have adventures like that. You guys are a bunch of trouble!
You are so daring. That is fun that you had your sister there. As for the headbands on Greysen, MacKinlay has no clue and I am sure the post will be deleted when he checks our blog. I am pretty sure he is not going to be happy.
atleast you were smart enough for ropes. see you soon!
i love it
Post a Comment